Care for undocumented immigrants
At the health assistance unit in Stockholm nurses work to provide care and support for you who have no documents and need medical care.
Call for advice and help
You can call our help telephone if you have any questions, for example, the right to medical care and what is applicable.
Call: 020-211 000 (free of charge)
SMS: 0709-40 67 23 (for sms only)
Telephone open: Monday –Thursday 09:30-11:30
E-mail address: email@example.com.
Visit health assistance unit
It is best to call or e-mail us and make an appointment. If you come and have not made an appointment we can help you only if we have extra time.
We are here
Swedish Red Cross
118 91 Stockholm
Open Monday – Friday 9:00-16:00??
What we can help you with
- We can help you with referrals and contacts with Swedish medical facilities so you can receive the care you are entitled to.
- We can arrange an appointment with a doctor if it is not possible for you to get access to medical care through the official channels.
Who can apply for medical care with us?
If you are undocumented or for any other reason have right to medical care in Sweden.
- The health assistance unit has no emergency services - in case of an acute situation we refer you to the local medical facility or hospital.
- We can give some medical care to those who are undocumented and do not have right to medical care in Sweden.
- We give advice and referrals to people who have questions about rights to medical care.
- Treatment is always free for those who seek medical care and support.
- We can arrange for an interpreter if needed.
Red Cross reception for unaccompanied arrivals
Mötesplats Kupan Bandhagen
Wednesdays 17:30 – 20:00
Call before you visit at: 08-452 48 87
If you want to make an appointment, or if you need an interpreter, call: 020-211 000
Red Cross House in Skärholmen
Jägerhorns väg 8
Kungens Kurva, Skärholmen
Open for medical care and counseling
Tuesdays 10:00 – 15:00
The Red Cross House in Skärholmen has opened to receive a growing number of people who are in a vulnerable situation, among others, EU-migrants, undocumented immigrants and newly arrived refugees. Our house offers everything from daily needs such as access to a shower, washing machine and food, to practicing the Swedish language, various social activites, personal commitment and advice on medical care.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 – 15:00